Staff Position – Onsite or Remote
Jesson, Oslin & Associates, LLP is seeking Tax and Assurance Staff to join our growing and well-established local firm located in Milton, Massachusetts. The position requires a high-energy individual, with strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and with a team, along with a strong desire to be willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
The Staff position will work as part of a multidisciplinary team. The Staff will develop work papers, and make decision on executing the completion of accounting, tax services and assurance for closely held businesses, individual clients, trusts and estates. Under the direct supervision of a Manager, the staff person will receive appropriate guidance and training to complete assignments.
- Prepare federal and state corporate, individual, trusts and estates, and partnership returns, including exercising professional judgment with respect to issue identification to develop solutions to tax issues in returns.
- Prepare detailed financial statements and other reports in accordance with relevant standards for attestation services including audit, review, and compilation engagements
- Keep current on professional announcements.
- Proactively participate in professional development opportunities
- Minimal travel to client sites may be required.
- Must have strong technology skills and be proficient with all aspects of Microsoft Office. Working knowledge and experience with ProSystem fx Tax and ProSystem fx Engagement are a plus.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to listen effectively.
- Excellent analytical, organization and problem -solving skills are a must.
- Ability to learn processes quickly and be able to apply that knowledge to engagements.
- Team player with desire to be an active participant within the organization.
- Knowledge of basic tax laws/Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- At least 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- BA/BS/MS in Accounting. Recent BS grads welcome.
- Has goal to sit for the CPA exam.
Intern Position – Tax and Client Services
Jesson, Oslin & Associates, LLP is seeking intern positions to join our growing and well-established local firm located in Milton, Massachusetts. An internship position is an amazing opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on experience in a professional setting.
Here is what you can expect:
Hands-on work for actual clients, under the supervision of an experienced tax professional.
- Help prepare income tax returns, including 1040s, 1065s, and 1120s.
- Develop work paper preparation techniques and skills.
- Prepare client write-ups.
- Learn to use current tax and accounting software including ProSystem fx Tax, Practice Management, XCM, and QuickBooks.
- Excellent hourly wage.
- Many of our interns are offered a full-time position with the firm once they have completed their degree.
Here is what we expect of you:
Accounting major working toward an undergraduate degree in accounting, leading toward qualification to sit for the CPA exam.
- Motivated, energetic, and reliable, with a strong work ethic.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Desire to learn and expand your knowledge of public accounting.
Fax resume and references to (617) 696-1596 or email email@example.com.
Check this page from time to time for specific employment opportunities for Certified Public Accountants, small business accountants and administrative staff.
Please mail resume to:
Jesson, Oslin & Associates, LLP
480 Adams Street
Milton, MA 02186